Last Updated: January 1, 2020
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
In order to provide our services, Travel and Transport may collect, use and disclose your information, including your personal data. Personal data is any information that can be used to identify you or that we can link to you. You may be asked to provide certain information when you use our services; however, you do have choices about the data we collect. When you are asked to provide personal data, you may decline, but if you choose not to provide data that is necessary to provide the services or a particular product or feature, you may not be able to receive the services or use that product or feature. The data we collect can include the following:
- Names and contact information (e.g., telephone number, fax number, e-mail address);
- Travel information (e.g., passport number, visa, driver’s license number, TSA number, citizenship, date of birth, gender);
- Travel preferences and trip/meeting preferences and other information (e.g., seat preferences, meal preferences, frequent flyer miles, other personal data provided by you via your profile or other requests);
- Payment and bank information (e.g., credit card data); and
- Credentials, such as logins, employee IDs, passwords and user IDs.
Unless you provide consent, Travel and Transport will not collect or share your information for direct marketing purposes.
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION
- Directly from you when you access certain of our services, including when you communicate with us via e-mail or other channels;
- From other third party sources, including the company you are employed by or are otherwise traveling or attending a meeting on behalf of; and
- From the Sites and Applications used by Travel and Transport or accessible through our services.
Each Travel and Transport Site or Application will contain a notice that describes the data collection practices applicable to the use of that particular Site or Application.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
Travel and Transport may use the information concerning you that we collect or that is provided to us, including personal data, for any of the following purposes:
- To provide our services and fulfill our obligations to you and/or your employer or the company you are otherwise traveling or attending a meeting on behalf of;
- To fulfill a request made by you, your employer or the company you are otherwise traveling or attending a meeting on behalf of;
- To communicate with you via e-mail, postal mail, telephone/mobile devices or our Sites or Applications;
- To provide customer care and support services;
- To process payments for purchases made by you, your employer or the company you are otherwise traveling or attending a meeting on behalf of;
- To send you information or materials about products or services that may be of interest to you. Where required, we will obtain your consent before sending such marketing messages.
- To generate pseudonymized or aggregated profiles and use such data for reporting and analytic purposes;
- As we believe to be reasonably necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities; (d) to carry out our obligations and enforce our terms and conditions applicable to our products and services, including for billing and collection purposes; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain; and (h) to protect against or identify fraudulent transactions;
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it or with your consent.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
Your information, including personal data, collected by Travel and Transport may be shared with or disclosed to:
- Travel and Transport affiliates, joint ventures, partners, subcontractors and agents as necessary to provide our products and services;
- Travel and Transport contractors, service providers and other third parties providing ancillary services to support our business (e.g., payment processors, data analytics providers, technology development);
- Third party service providers to fulfill travel arrangements and reservations (e.g., Global Distribution Systems (GDSs), airlines, trains, rental car and other ground transportation companies, hotels, cruise lines and other related travel vendors for booking/ticketing purposes, industry reporting authorities, technology vendors, including, without limitation, online booking tool providers, meeting registration software providers and audio visual companies, and visa and passport providers and/or verification services);
- Your employer or the company you are otherwise traveling or attending a meeting on behalf of for reporting, auditing, tracking and other purposes as necessary;
- Third party service providers you, your employer, or the company you are otherwise traveling or attending a meeting on behalf of request we send personal data to (e.g., safety and tracking information providers, companies providing weather information or travel alerts, successor organizations and other travel management companies);
- A third party in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of Travel and Transport’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal data held by Travel and Transport is among the assets transferred;
- As we believe to be reasonably necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities; (d) to carry out our obligations and enforce our terms and conditions applicable to our products and services, including for billing and collection purposes; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain (e.g., exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and risk reduction); and For any other purpose with your consent.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
CROSS-BORDER TRANSFERS OF YOUR INFORMATION
When sharing with or disclosing your personal data to other parties, including Travel and Transport’s related companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, joint ventures, partners, subcontractors and agents who provide products or services, your personal data may be transferred to countries with data protection laws providing a lower standard of protection for your personal data than your country of residence.
Travel and Transport will transfer your personal data in compliance with applicable data protection laws, including having adequate mechanisms in place to protect your personal data when it is transferred internationally (e.g., complying with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework, Standard Contractual Clauses). Additional information about Travel and Transport’s compliance with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use and retention of personal data transferred from the European Union to the United States can be found here.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION
WHAT ARE COOKIES?
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION FROM CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 13
YOUR RIGHTS WITH RESPECT TO YOUR PERSONAL DATA
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS (for California residents only)
California law requires us to provide California residents with additional information regarding how we collect, use, and share your “personal information” as defined in the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”)).
We discuss in detail above the specific pieces of information we collect from and about you. For purposes of the CCPA, below are the categories of personal information we collect:
- Identifiers (e.g., a real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier Internet Protocol address, email address, passport number, or other similar identifiers);
- Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (e.g., a name, address, passport number, credit card number, debit card number, or other financial information); some personal information included in this category may overlap with other categories;
- Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law (e.g., national origin, sex, etc.);
- Commercial information (e.g., records of products or services purchased or obtained);
- Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information
As detailed above, we may collect such personal information from a variety of sources (such as directly through you, through our Sites or Applications, and from third parties). Please see above for further details regarding how we use and with whom we share such personal information.
In the preceding 12 months, we have not sold your personal information and will not do so in the future without providing you with notice and an opportunity to opt-out of such sale as required by law.
California law may provide you with certain rights and permit you to: (1) request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months and (2) request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at the address and/or email address listed below in the Section titled “How To Contact Us”. You will be required to verify your identity before we fulfill your request. We will respond to your requests to the email address or phone number that you have registered with us or we otherwise have on file for you or any other suitable method. We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not (i) deny you goods or services, (ii) charge you different prices for goods or services, (iii) provide you with a different level or quality of goods or services, or (iv) suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
California’s “Shine the Light” law permits users of our Site or Applications that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us at the address and/or email address listed below in the Section titled “How to Contact Us”.
HOW TO CONTACT US
Travel and Transport, Inc.
Attn: Office of the Data Protection Officer
Address: 2120 South 72nd Street
City/State/Zip: Omaha, Nebraska 68124
Except as is otherwise stated or determined by Travel and Transport, Travel and Transport is a data controller for personal data we collect through the services and products subject to this policy. Our address is Office of the Data Protection Officer, Travel and Transport, Inc., 2120 South 72nd Street, Omaha, Nebraska 68124.
Statesman Travel Limited d/b/a Travel and Transport Statesman is our data protection representative for the European Economic Area. Their address is Senator House, 85 Queen Victoria Street, London EC4V 4AB.
Travel and Transport will respond to your requests to the email address or phone number that you have registered with us or we otherwise have on file for you or any other suitable method. Depending on your request, we may review the request with you or the company you are employed by or are otherwise traveling or attending a meeting on behalf of to assist in resolving and responding to the request.
If you feel we have not been able to assist you with your complaint or concern, you may have the right to make a complaint to the data protection authority in your country (if one exists).